Five Valleys Canine Hydrotherapy Centre
Tel: 01452 290092 – Mobile: 07884 256561
Swimming is an excellent non weight bearing exercise that avoids stresses and strains of exercising on hard ground. It allows the joint to move in a normal fashion, loosens tightness in the muscles and reduces pain.
For dogs, following surgery Hydrotherapy removes the weight load on the injured limb and will enable gradual building of wasted muscle. It reduces pain and speeds recovery.
Hydrotherapy is useful for dogs scheduled to have orthopaedic surgery such as cruciate repair. It helps to improve muscle tone in the limbs which will speed post operative recovery.
Ageing dogs can benefit from controlled swimming as the soothing effect of the warm water improves circulation and encourages increased mobility in sore, stiff and arthritic joints. Swimming is also a great exercise for healthy dogs to improve cardiovascular fitness, muscle tone and general well being.
Conditions that benefit from Hydrotherapy:
• Relief of pain, swelling & stiffness
• Muscle strengthening and maintenance
• Alleviating muscle spasm
• Increased range of motion in joints
• Improved circulation
• Cardiovascular fitness (heart & lungs)
• Increased tissue healing
• Increased speed of recovery
• Hip Dysplasia
• Spinal Injuries and paralysis
• Osteochrondritis Dissecans (OCD)
• Cruciate ligament problems
• Post operative muscle regeneration and maintenance
• Sprains and Breaks
• Relief of pain, swelling, arthritis and stiffness
• Obesity and weight control
• Improvement of circulation and joint mobility
• SWIMMING JUST FOR FUN AND MENTAL WELLBEING
Five Valleys Canine Hydrotherapy Centre, Henley Farm, Miserden, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 7HZ
Website designed & created by © Pet-ography. Copyright © 2016 Five Valleys Canine Hydrotherapy Centre. All rights reserved.